Engineering Manager - Houston, TX
Making Customers’ Lives Easier | Teamwork | Self-Motivation | “Get It Done” Attitude | Problem Solver
We are in search of a talented and seasoned Engineering Manager to spearhead the engineering department at our precast concrete manufacturing plant. The Engineering Manager will lead a dynamic team of engineers and designers, efficiently manage the engineering department’s workflow and priorities, and work closely with their team to guarantee that our products meet the highest quality standards, and our customer service exceeds expectations. With a focus on excellence, this is a pivotal role that requires a driven and capable individual to drive success and growth within the organization.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers and designers, including setting goals, manage performance/ progress, providing feedback, and managing resources.
- Oversee the design process for all projects, including concept development, modeling, detailing, and documentation.
- Work closely with the team to ensure that products meet quality standards and customer service expectations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and drive implementation across all teams.
- Ensure that engineering projects are completed on time, while being able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts within the engineering department.
- Lead meetings and discussions with the design engineering team and other cross-functional teams as needed to achieve business goals.
- Mentor and develop team members to enhance their skills and capabilities to ensure their professional development and success.
- Prepare regular management reports to showcase team performance, project progress, and identify areas for improvement.
Success in this Role:
- A well-functioning and high-performing engineering department that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Meeting or exceeding business goals through effective collaboration and cross-functional teamwork
- Consistent growth of the team, including the addition of remote designers
- Continuous improvement and efficiency gains within the engineering department
- Effective communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Compliance with all industry regulations and standards