Locke Solutions is a prefab concrete manufacturing plant that strives to make our customers’ lives easier
and our employees’ lives better. Our company’s success has come from the hard work and effort put in
by our team. You and the team will ultimately be the determining factor in how successful our company
can be. This is an entry-level position with potential growth for the right driven person.
- Manage bid board with new and updated information daily.
- Qualified projects to quote based on quoting guide or project qualifications for estimating team and sales leads.
- Fosters relationships with key vendors, customers, and subcontractors.
- Assist in preparing quote estimates +/- 1% of the final cost by the requested date.
Successful Results for the Estimator Coordinator:
- Efficiently organizes documents required to quote projects for the estimating team.
- Acquiring basic blueprint knowledge to qualify bids.
- Effectively communicates with Sales on new projects or customers leads.
- Efficiently performs potential project take-offs by using construction drawings, specifications and project-related documents.
- Learn product knowledge and application process.
- Actively participating in safety program and safety trainings completed
- Analyzing requirement documents, blueprints, and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project.
- Look for new qualified quote opportunities with Bid Services.
- Gather Plan Holder list
- Gather pre-bid documents needed attaining to project; certificate letters, etc.
- Research materials
- Vendor pricing in Titan
- Assist in bid packages, collecting quotes from vendors and suppliers
- Qualifying bids with Senior Estimator
- Create and submit estimate reports to appropriate persons (Project Team, Customers, etc.)
- Managing quotes from suppliers and vendors
- Updating Titan Job Information
- Supporting estimating team
- Comfortable with numbers and technology
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
- Basic Understanding of accounting and project management concepts
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Great attention to detail, well organized and reliable
- BA in Construction Science or relevant Field (*Not Required, but Desired)
- 1-3 years estimating experience (*Not Required, but Desired)