Locke Solutions is a prefab concrete manufacturing plant that strives to make our customers’ lives easier and our employees’ lives better. Our company’s success has come from the hard work and effort put in by our team. Our team is service focused, continuously making self-improvements, seeing obstacles as opportunities to innovate, and all about making things happen for the team. We are currently seeking an Intern Marketing person who is passionate about collaborating with others, and confident they can accomplish anything. This is a potential growth position for the right driven person. We are a blank slate; we are looking for someone to come in and help us paint a beautiful picture.
The Transportation Manager oversees the company’s worldwide private fleet and third-party carriers, providing tactical control and strategic leadership. The transportation manager oversees defining and executing best practices in safety, compliance, maintenance, procurement, driver recruiting, and retention, as well as driving fleet utilization and cost effectiveness improvements. Execution of initiatives to maintain ongoing compliance with FMCSA, OSHA, and other regulatory standards, adoption of best practices, and establishing a culture of continuous improvement are among the responsibilities.
Objectives of this Role:
- Oversee the layout of the unloading, loading, and staging of trucks
- Responsible for reducing transportation cost
- Prioritize resolving production schedule conflicts prior to shipment
- Reaching monthly shipping average MC of 20%
- Develop a report for weekly breakdown of demurrage charges/ inhouse issues
- Keeps a daily log of scheduled shipments going out
Successful Results for the Transportation Manager:
- Demand a receiving/ loading area with housekeeping as a priority being completed daily.
- Communicates all shipments, product repairs and inventory levels with key personnel, QC technicians, Yard Manager or Forklift Drivers, Patchers, and Production daily.
- Customer Service, calling customer prior to delivery or with updates regarding shipment status
- Works with yard crew daily to determine loading sequence for next day schedule and yard layout
- Communicates with the sales staff with regards to delivery request and miscellaneous request by the staff
- Checking the yard for product to ship
- Signing off and reviewing trucks before leaving facility, checking delivery ticket to what is loaded
- Forecasts and Schedules work 3 days out
- Utilize your team to complete short-term & long-term goals to help achieve company goals
- Set specific expectations for results from Locke 3rd Party Haulers and hold them accountable for those results
- Give performance reviews for key personnel & ensure consistent feedback for entire yard personnel
- Ensure proper safety procedures and inspections are performed
- Handle large volumes of phone calls in a timely manner while making accurate and precise decisions regarding prioritizing shipment pickups and deliveries
- Building relationships with carriers, vendors, and customers to communicate status of delivery
- Requesting quotes from carriers for future delivery for sales
- Coordinate delivery and pickup of product
- Adjust shipment schedules, as needed, to accommodate customer needs
- Reviews and turns in invoices
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent
- 5+ years transportation experience
- 1-3 years supervisory experience
- Transportation (Carrier) and Private Fleet Management Best Practices
- Knowledgeable in transportation safety regulations
Key functions of this role consist of building a cohesive yard team, creating clear objectives and accomplish goals tied to the company overall strategies and values, and over communicating with your team on their personal and team expectations.