TNT Crane & Rigging stopped by the new Locke HQ to help us with a large task… concrete sump extraction.
Using a gantry system, they lifted a huge concrete sump in preparation for client delivery. Here are a few details about the sump itself:
- The concrete sump measured 14 ft wide and 44 ft in length
- The combined weight of the two precast sections was nearly 200 tons
- The concrete pad in front of the warehouse was designed and built with zero grade slope specifically for the purpose of casting large structures.
- The sump was designed and built in conjunction with Wood Group AMEC Foster Wheeler
- Locke was able to take a cast in place design and turn it into a precast solution
- Allowing the customer savings in time, labor, safety and weather issues
- With the help of Penney Heavy Hauling we used a Faymonville Highway Max 9-Axle Hydraulic Steerable Truck with the ability to self-load and unload up to 240,000 pounds.